Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's the little things...

Like looking at these little baby toes and thinking what a blessing this little girl is in my life. Even though her toes are so dirty from playing outside everyday, they are still cute and they belong to a beautiful little girl. 

Like ordering pizza even when I am on a diet. Knowing it'll be okay and I can work it off. It just seemed like a pizza night.

Like having a good group of kids to spend the summer with. A good combo of personalities  that seem to get along well- yes, it is only day 4, but I haven't heard, "I'm bored" yet.

Like getting to work from home for my second job that I love. The summer has brought a lot of flexibility and projects I can do from home, at my own pace, and still be with my family.

Like getting the house prepped for painting. We have been wanting to do this since we moved in almost 8 years ago. We are now in a position that Dustin can devote his time without taking away from the family evenings. Even if we had to replace a window that cracked tonight while he was sanding.

Like loosing 2 more pounds this week and anticipating gaining them back because of pizza I am eating tonight. 

Like welcoming 3 great families in the fall to our daycare. It is so important to make sure I am meeting their needs and that we are a great match. Our new families are all in the SHES community and will have kids Mia's age to grow up with. I am super excited for the spots to be filled.

Like knowing I had a bad day yesterday and it's A-okay just to have a bad day. I found out a very good, well, great friend is moving this summer. This will be my 2nd friend moving out of state this summer. I am dreading these moves even though I am happy for their families. These friends are people I see every day, they know so much about me and my family, and they hold me so accountable. I will miss them. I am sad for me, but happy for them. Both are selling their homes and I pray for easy transitions for their families.

Like knowing I am not in control, but knowing God is. I repeated this in my head a million times yesterday just to get through my cruddy evening at home. Walking away to avoid a fight with my mom, my house being a mess, trying to make sure my priorities are in check, and wanting to just go to bed.

Like getting all of June's church lessons planned and prepped for today while the big kids played outside and the younger peanuts took a nap. It was something I was putting off and now that I have it done I am excited to prep and help teach the lessons on Sunday mornings. We are doing 8 weeks of God's creation.

Like getting trainings ready to go. Since being back from my trip, I have been very prayerful about the new lessons we are doing, how to train staff, and how to get them involved. I finally have dates set and can't wait to present and educate them on the lessons and tools that will help us introduce God to our young nursery children.

Like having nights at home. I am such a home body. I never used to be, but I am. I like our home. I like our deck. I like being able to set on our deck and blog about the little things in life.

Like Mia getting into the SHES preschool program. Each teacher that is up there is top notch and we love them all. (I don't even know if they read my blog so I am not really sucking up, and if they do, they will know how excited we are to have Mia join them this school year.) It was really a shock to get the call that she was in. We are excited for Mia. It also provides a transition for me. I can not wrap my head around the fact I only have one more year at home with her.

Like Kadyn starting her tutoring program today and liking it. I was worried but glad she is excited to go back and that Dustin is home to transport her to and from everyday.

Like having Gaby to to Kansas Bible Camp next week. This will be her first go away and stay camp. I am a flippin' mess about her being away but I know she will have an experience of a life time. I am praying that she grows closer to God and develops some closer friendships with some girl friends from school that are going too.

Like knowing Dustin and I made it 12 years. We had a special time at home but a nice night. 

Like doing a online bible study that just jumped out on me. It is through Proverbs 31 and a blog. I downloaded the book and I am excited to start. I posted it on my FB page if you are interested in joining.  

Like knowing it's time to go... pizza is here and I am hungry! I hope you are having a great nice and I hope you can sit back and reflect on the little things that makes life awesome!

No comments: