Friday, January 30, 2009

a sad day....

Today is A and H's last day with me at daycare. It is a sad day. I had H since she was a year old and A ever since she was 6 weeks old. Today we had a party to help say our good byes. They will be missed by all of their friends at the Peanut Gallery!

I had taken pictures of the girls with each of their friends, yesterday and today the kids and I made a scrapbook so they wouldn't forget us. They turned out really well. One the first side, each kid has their picture then on the back drew a special picture for H and A.

I had their friends give the gift to H and A during circle time. They spent a lot of time looking at the books. After we gave them out, everyone else was asking where their book was. When I explained that it was for their last day, everyone jumped in and replied, "I wish it was my last day too". I'm a little worried now!

Here is H and A with their gift. I hope they will enjoy it and treasure it. They will be missed!

1 comment:

BethH said...

Oh, that is sad! I know how you feel. I hate it when kids I've had for years end up moving on. LOVE the scrapbooks. How adorable and what a thing to cherish for years. They will look back on them and remember all the fun they had at The Peanut Gallery.....

And, Yes, by Sept. I think I could find Kansas....maybe if I click my heals and say "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." I'll get there in time! :)