Friday, January 9, 2009

I just want my Chi back...

A little over a year ago I entered into a world that allowed my hair to be straight, silky, and smooth. I used products and tools to transform my natural curly, fussy mop into a magical flow of hair. In this world, to make the magic hair happen, I bought a flat iron...not a cheap, go to Wal-Mart and pick up a flat iron but do your research go to a beauty store and pay a ton of money flat iron. Am I getting your attention??? Over a course of a year, I had great times straightening my hair and getting hair cuts that were in style and hip...(just like the rest of me, right??)! Then it happened, right after Thanksgiving, my awesome magical hair tool broke. Every time I would go plug it in it would make a buzzing sound that things being plugged in shouldn't make! So... knowing this tool cost an arm and a leg I called the company and told them what had happened. Because I have had it over a year, it was no longer under a total replacement warranty. So, for an additional charge of 35.00 I packed my best friend up and mailed it to the company in hopes they will fix it or replace it (it did have a 5 year limited warranty). That was December 1st. During the holidays I had to come up with creative ways to display my curls and make my mop look decent. I have gotten through the picture taking events and now it is has been over a month and time to follow up. I call them up yesterday to see the status of my iron. They reply..."it isn't in our system yet which means we haven't started working on it it (in a high pitching snotty voice). AGH! Can I scream now? Well, that woman got an ear full from me. She also explained that they had "once a year inventory" that no one knew they were going to be having which meant a longer turn around. Really, once a year and you don't know what part of the year it is coming at so you can tell people that? AGH! Anyway... I just want my cool, silky, sexy hair back. I just want my flat iron! So, that is my post, my rant, my feelings on the topic of hair! Luckily for me, I am getting a trim Monday night so I can get my mop styled at least for one day!

No comments: