Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week one of Valentine/Love week...

This week we have started new learning concepts and our theme is Love/Valentines Day. Today we were busy doing a couple projects and getting some supplies prepared for tomorrows craft.
Here are all the kids working on the coffee filter art. The 18mo and younger do craft time with me so I can make sure crayons and markers are not being inhaled!


A is hard at work coloring his filter- after they finished with the markers, we dropped water on the filters to see what would happen next. Some of the kids didn't want the water on their art, they made the choice.

My under 18 mo. group needs a little more help on holding the paper down, holding the marker, and getting the markers on the page vs the table. Little K did a great job on her own... but she kept watching Kadyn just to make sure she was doing correctly!


My case in point- I ran to the bathroom to help another kid and when I did, Lil A decided was trying the marker. Of corse, I had to capture the moment first then take the marker away!

One of our last activities for the day was making red noodles for tomorrow. The kids enjoyed putting vintager and food coloring together and shaking! Everyone had a turn and some really got into it!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a good thing Jason wasn't there for this one. I caught him eating a marker this past week. He was no worse for the wear except that his mouth was brown. I am always inspired and in awe of all the creative things you do with the kids. Keep up the good work!!