Monday, February 23, 2009

Today we kicked off week 2 of Dental week. We are talking about healthy food choices for our teeth, brushing teeth in the morning and night, and flossing! Today we made marshmallow mouths. (I got this idea from Gaby's class-thanks!) The kids had great fun coloring their tongues and gluing "teeth" in their mouths.

A had a fun time but struggled to glue the marshmallows vs. eating them! I had extras so it was ok to sneak a few in!

J is showing off his "new mouth"! He said, "Laura, this mouth is bigger then the one I have now".

K is chomping with hers!

C and A were using theirs to communicate to each other. They had a blast using them as puppets.

After A ate a few, she really got into gluing the teeth in her mouth!

A was carrying on his own conversation with his mouth- this cracked me up! He would ask the mouth a question and then he would wait for it to answer!

After a morning of teeth learning activities- we went outside to play! It was nice but still a little cool! K told me, "see mom, my teeth are making noise" as they were chattering!

No comments: