Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my new toy!

This is my new toy! I had been looking for something small enough to fit in my bedroom and that I could late at night or during nap time. I found what I have been looking for at Walmart. It was a great price and even has a place to plug in my Ipod... I am uber excited about that feature. This will help me on days I can't make it to class or if I go over and need extra time exercising. I am thrilled!

My weight loss journey is doing good but not fast at all- I know, I know- if I do it at a slower pace, it'll stay off. Well, I want a fast pace loss then I can work at maintenance! This "diet" or life changte is taking over my life. Last weekend Dustin and I had a date night. By my choice I wanted to go Olive Garden. I stressed about that meal for like a week. Could I just eat half? Fill up on salad, drink lots of water... the thoughts go on and on. The day finally came, I saved up 20+ points for the night. And, we get there, I ate, and still have half of my meal on my plate and I was stuffed. I was excited!

I am learning some good tips from my meetings at Weight Watchers. The first thing I started 3 weeks ago was writing down everything I eat. I never knew who much I snacked on things until I saw my list. Two weeks ago, I started writing the times down I was eating. This allowed me to identify if I was really hungry or just eating because. These tips really helped me with a good weight loss last week, we'll see how this week goes.

Another habit I never thought I would have is exercising, I LOVE IT! I love Jazzercise. They have tons of classes and they met my needs. I have been going since December and I have seen how I feel if I have missed a class. I love the social end of it, love the music, and the moves. It makes you feel great all over.

I don't talk about my diet for everyone to say, "look at me", but so I am accountable to what I am doing, so I feel better when I am doing these things, and so my family is healthier. It is nice to talk about the good as well as the bad.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Rock on w/your bad self, girl! Congrats on all the awesome accomplishments you've made so far and keep up the good work!

Cheerin' for ya in my corner of town!