Thursday, April 19, 2012

Awana Awards...

 Last night was our last night for Awana. We break for the summer and return in September. Even thought the Cubbies don't attend award night we had a cool video of our club and I did a chat about Cubbies on stage. Mia came up with me. She helped ease my nerves and everyone focused on her not me. Bonus!
 This is Kadyn's group... Good luck finding her- she is in the back behind a tall kid. After each group received their award they stepped off the stage so as they moved off I was able to get a pic. So proud of her progress, she didn't finish her book but is close. There is always next year!
 Gaby's group. Gaby finished her book and received a ribbon. She may have been in a funk and pouted through most of the ceremony! My kids are far from perfect- I just have to pick my battles.
 Kadyn and her participation award... 
 Gaby and her 1st book award...
 My Awana family...(minus Kenni who stays in the nursery) Dustin was a leader for TnT, I do Cubbies, Gaby is in TnT, Kadyn Sparks, and Mia Cubbies.
 Last week at the Cubbie Carnival... Mia walked around with her leader Mr. Bryan until Dustin came over. The kids got carnival goodie bags and received their awards. This is  a little more age appropriate way to end our year!
 Because Gaby finished her she got to do "pie in the face". The Clubber gets to pick a leader and yes, put a pie in their face. Gaby of course taunted Dustin the entire week before and picked him. Dustin was a great sport- took one for the team.
 Back to Cubbies- this is one of my good friend's little guy with Cubbie Bear...
 Back to TnT- Dustin and Gaby...after the pie.
Before our carnival- all the kids and their parents that came to walk around... such a fun time!

As we end our Awana year I am happy for the break but will miss my Cubbies that I see each week. It was a good first year putting things together. As Cubbies, we learned 24 bible verses using songs, dance, and handbook time. Kids asked Jesus into their heart, some kids brought questions to their parents, and some commented God's bible truth's into memory. I am honored to be a part of such an awesome program for our children. Until Fall...

No comments: