Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saying good bye to 2010! And randoms...

Looking back on 2010...

1. Kendal was born
2. Kadyn went to school
3. Mia started walking
4. Gaby started wearing a bra
5. Dustin and I celebrated 10 years of marriage
6. Health scares for my mom
7. I gain 35 pounds from Kendal after losing almost 75
8. Van breaking down right before holidays
9. Completing the process/program for daycare
10. Going to dance recitals for Kadyn and soccer games for Gaby

Looking forward to 2011 (and randoms) ...

1. Going back to lessons we learned while taking Dave Ramsey's classes. Paying cash for everything. Since we had a crazy turn of events with cars, our budget is changing minute by minute. I hate not having the control I did when we were on a strict budget and paying cash for everything. So, we will go back to what we know...

2. Continue to work on my weight loss goals (and working out goals). The holiday week was out of control. I needed to take this past week off but I know that I can't do it very often as I see how fast the pounds come right back on- It isn't about the number on the scale but how I personally want to look. I have some fun rewards for my milestones. I can't wait to share as I power through the weigh loss and get to my goal weight!

3. Daily time with the kids to work on their memory verses for Awana's. The girls are in their 2nd year in this program and we are normally reciting the material in the van on the way to their meetings... no more. I want to make the time to work on them so they are getting the most out of the program.

4. Set a weekly family game night... and stick to it.
5. Set a monthly date night... and stick to it.

So on to the randoms...
I have been on vacation this week and I am loving it! This week the kids have been great and I have really enjoyed my time with them. I am sad that they will be returning to school on Wednesday, but at least I get a couple more days with them before they do.

Monday daycare returns... I am excited about this too- we are taking a few days to get back into the routine of things then we are starting letters. The first half of our year was spent doing colors, shapes, and basic counting. Now we are hitting letters and stepping it up a little. I am excited for the change of pace and the fun weekly lessons that we are starting to help us learn our letters.

On another daycare note- my grant was approved for my program. I am heading into my second year participating and while it is a lot of hard work and time, the fun part is about to take place.
Shopping! We are getting a lot more things for the back yard, library area, and infant development. I was able to order some fun things (pictures soon) online but today Dustin and I got out to buy some things locally! Only thing that I can't spend grant money on is art supplies. Which I understand why but that is a huge cost out of my pocket and while I love doing it, it stinks I can't use even a little bit of the money for art supplies I really need (right about now).

Even though I am excited about all the new daycare goodies, this means a lot of extra work for Dustin. Let me just stop and say... I am spoiled by this man. Without him, my daycare would not run. He never complains about putting all the stuff together, and I know that it benefits my kids too but there is also 10 other kids that benefit from his hard work as well. He is truly a wonderful person to do all the extra putting together and supporting me in this journey!

I have loved having Dustin off this week too, well minus 2 days that he had to work. We have just had fun, hanging out, and doing things with the kids. It is weeks like this I truly look at my life and see how blessed I am. I am madly in love with my husband, my kids are fun to be with and we are all healthy (knock on wood and praise God). I am so lucky to have this. What a high to be on. It gives me such hope for my goals for the new year knowing I am surrounded by my family and husband!

Well, enough rambling... what are some of your goals? Hope the year is going to be a blessed one for you as well!

Here are some fun pictures from our week...

My glass pan exploding in the stove while cooking my pork... only had 15 minutes left! Such a mess and we didn't get to eat the meal I had planned, bummer!
Mia and I at the candle store...
Looking at the goodies at the chocolate store...
Meeting up with Dustin for lunch and him asking, "why are you taking my picture?".

No comments: