Monday, January 24, 2011

Oldies but goodies... weight loss update


Here are some more old pictures- These have all been taken within the last 5 years of my life. I have always struggled with being heavy. Most of you know, I have never lost weight until after I had our third child. I look back at these pictures and I am sad that it has taken me this long to make a choice to be healthier. I wasn't unhappy at all- I always enjoyed eating they way I wanted even if it was unhealthy! And looking at these pictures, I draw great motivation from them. I will never, ever be this heavy again! I am making that promise to my girls, my husband, and most of all to me!

2006
Me, Kadyn and Gaby on Mother's day. It is a running joke that I can never get a good Mother's Day picture- and to this day I have not. And, I must add... Gaby still does that same pouty face! (Made me laugh)
Right before Mia...
And now... 60 lbs thinner


Such a difference. I have more energy, I love working out, this new dress I bought was a size large, am 7 lbs shy of being my "pre-Kendal" weight, was in a 24 jean now 14.

After Kendal I gain 40 lbs back. How easy it was too, almost scary how fast it comes back on. When I decided to get back on my healthy living kick, I was at 244, last Saturday I weighed in at 215. It has been tough this time around. I feel like it isn't coming off as fast as it did after Mia was born. But when I get hard on myself or discouraged I look back at these pictures and find motivation to keep up with it.
I wish I had a good couple picture of Dustin and I- he has lost over 30 lbs as well. I hope I don't brag- that is not my intention at all. I like being open about my weight, what has worked, what hasn't worked. It keeps my honest, positive, and encouraging!
This last week I hit my 10% at my Weight Watchers meeting and ran 2 miles without stopping.

I am excited for my next step- I am aiming for 199. I can do it. I know I can. Hopefully my next weight loss update will be soon and telling you that I made this goal!



2 comments:

Captured Moments by Christina said...

You look amazing!!! It is so hard to get motivated to lose weight but once you do and you start seeing improvement it is addicting and you want to keep going!
You go girl!! Very inspiring!

Molly said...

You look SO great Laura! It is super hard to get motivated, but I think you've mastered it! Keep up the good work :)