Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today is a good day...

I hate posting without a picture so here is Mia yesterday- it was great weather outside and she is sporting a fun spring outfit... no jackets, no hoods, no coats, no gloves... Spring may have finally arrived!

Today is a good day- not that everyday isn't a good day but today is just a bright, chipper, full of sun type of day! We played outside this morning, did some art (battery died so I have to get pictures of daycare doing the project over again), and I don't have to cook tonight. Which also means, my kitchen stays clean since daycare has finished lunch. Little things are what make my world go around!

I started my day at the gym this morning- I have a friend that is meeting me up there 3x a week in the am for accountability. I love working out at night and will continue to do so however there are times I am rushing to get to the gym or Jazz class and if had worked out in the am it wouldn't be as tough - plus it allows for more days to get a second workout in too- I hope.

It's only 1:30 and I have burned 2260 calories already- love seeing a high number so early in the day. It shows that I really do not sit down until nap time most days.

This weekend Dustin and I went shopping- he has lost weight also and needed new work shirts that actually fit. I hate shopping with this boy- but his mom took the girls for us and we went out! I'll do anything to get hubby time, even if it means shopping! We went our different ways for a while, I picked out a couple of things- I met up with him at the dressing room and I kid you not, he had over 25 things to "try on". Holy cow! So, we took the big dressing room and I helped the hubs make good choices- he probably wouldn't have bought the smaller sizes needed if I hadn't been in there- he is used to wearing his stuff baggy! But the boy is hot and needs to show that off too! I am proud of his progress and he is stepping it up too by counting calories with me!!!

While on the hubs topic- I am just over the top in love with this guy! He has so much going on with house projects, my grant projects, coffee projects... the boy is just amazing! I am blessed to have him, still be so in love with him, and be in awe of him. After almost 11 years of marriage, I am so excited to share that we still have all of this! It is a lot of work, mainly the kid part but when it is this fun to be a part of the work is so stinkin' worth it!

The weather is just awesome... all I have to say about that!

I just finished an online training for daycare hours- that was an awesome time! It was a fun topic and I didn't have to leave my house to complete it. I wish more trainings were like this!

My heart is just full- is that corny? I dunno! But it is. Is my life a struggle, some days, you bet. It isn't always going great but it is how you look at it that makes all the difference in the world.

Gaby is doing state testing and that is the topic of her conversation right now. How they get cool snacks and gum too. I have really noticed this year that Gabs is doing some growing up. More freedom and independence is needed for her- that is a hard one for me- but God willing, Dustin and I will know how to parent her.

Kadyn is doing great. The past few months she has struggled in school. I know, she is a kindergartner. It finally came to me that Kadyn and Gaby are different kids, learn differently, and school won't come as easily for Kk as it did Gaby. You would have thought I would come to that realization a lot sooner- never claimed to be the perfect parent, ya know! We started a homework calendar-mainly for me as a reminder that I need to put things like house work on hold and make sure school work and homework comes first. Yes! She has always done her work but some times it is last minute or after dance or church activity. That is where I needed to re-group and start over with how we approached this. After the calendar has been in place- I feel like we have balance now. Even Mia has to work on flashcards too! It's a good thing!

Mia... oh Mia, where do I start. This girl is the source of many laughs and tears all in the same moment. If I remembered how I was as a young child, I would think Mia is just like me. Her speech is just awesome- she is talking in full sentences and understands and can hold conversations. She is starting to know right and wrong even though wrong seems to be where she sides most of the time. Just thinking of this girl makes me smile! Staying home with my kids makes my days good (for the most part- not gonna lie, there are days). Seeing how she has developed the last few months just makes me happy!

Kendal Wendal is almost 24 hours of being bottle free. One more step towards saying good bye to infants in my home. Does this make me sad, oh course, but I am ready and excited for our next stages in life that God will open for us. With the wee ones becoming older, Dustin can work on his coffee business more, I can work at the kids' school more and get back into PTO as well! I am not saying I want Kendal to grow over night- I cherish every day of my 1 year olds life but it is nice that I am at peace with the fact she will be our last.

Today is just a good day! I don't know what else to say- I know, you are probably glad I am wrapping it up. Anyway! I hope you are having a good day too! I have to finish up around the house before nap is over! Then dance, soccer, and church!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: