Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Baskets











Today our morning was spent gluing, cutting (my older group), and coloring. We made envelope Easter Bunny Baskets. This was another step by step art project that a lot of time was invested in. I think it was worth it...they are super cute!

We were supposed to have an egg hunt today- we boiled our eggs to dye and then we were going to hide them outside. Well. The weather isn't in on me with this plan so we are going to hunt for candy after nap time inside. This way our eggs have no way of breaking and making a mess inside... I know, party pooper- however I think the kids will be more happy with candy then a hard boiled egg! Sorry Parents!

As we end another week of learning I look back at everything we did. Not to toot my own horn but to reflect on the activities that did work and those that may not have. My little ones have come so far. They are learning letters and even my younger group of 2 year olds are picking up on this. They sing songs all the time. They might not do it when it is circle time but during free play, I'll hear them belt out the days of the week song. When playing with toys, they ask each other," what color is that?". They. Are. Getting. It. There is nothing more rewarding to see how far a group of kids has come in one year. You will hear me say it a million times between now and May- this time is tough for me. My world changes as I loose kids to school and welcome new peanuts into the gallery. It is a wonderful cycle that happens but man when you see these kids everyday they become much more then a job, they become family.


No comments: