Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our P snack


Today was our P day. Each kiddo brings their letter of the week sack and we discuss items that start with that letter. Today one of my kids brought a special snack for everyone. A fresh pineapple. When I saw his mom bringing it in this morning, I was a little worried. Then she brought the coolest tool ever and we were able to eat the pineapple as a morning snack.


Because Ican turn anything into a learning experience, we passed the fruit around the table talking about the color, texture, and even smell. After we cut the top off, we passed it around again to compare the inside to the outside!

Here is the coolest thing ever- I know; maybe you already have one or seen this, but I hadn't. You chop the top of and twist this cool thing into the pineapple. It cores it and slices it into perfect rings. How awesome is that? Each child had a turn twisting- this was so much fun! (Thanks again Carol- too cool). I am now taking donations so I can get this cool thing! Shesh, I can't get over it!

Another friend brought popcorn so we had a P snack time... pineapple, popcorn, and pretzels.

No comments: