Monday, April 11, 2011

Gaby's Awana Grand Prix

This was Gaby's first year to participate in Awana Grand Prix. Dustin and Gaby did a really good job of taking a block of wood from a car kit and making it into a racing car.

As the races started, Gaby became nervous- I have never seen her like this before. She really has a "great if I win or it's okay to lose" attitude. Gaby has always been that way.

Gaby's first race she was neck and neck for 2nd place- but ended up in 3rd. She was bummed. The second race, her car started shaking towards the end slowing her down and she was 4th place and finished racing.

You could see it in her body language that she was upset. My heart went out for her. Even though she is such a great sport, as a parent I want her to experience how it feels to win as well. Gaby, as she does, became very quiet. Her face wasn't smiling anymore.

On the way home, Dustin took her to get a special treat- an ice mocha ( can I just say that Dustin has got Gaby loving coffee too-shesh). As the day went on, Gaby was happy with her ribbon and already started planning out her car design for next year! With everything we do for the first time, it is an learning experience. Win or lose, I am so proud of my Peanut!

My TnT girl, Gaby!

No comments: