Friday, April 22, 2011

Gaby's last game

The spring season of soccer is coming to an end... Gaby had her last game on Thursday. At first her team only started out with 5 girls, then 2 more arrived after we started playing. I think Gaby has found her sport- as much as I liked softball and watching her games, it wasn't for her. She likes moving, being apart of the action, and not waiting for 12 people to bat before getting a turn.
This year she played goalie and mid defender. It was a great balance for her. She gained some speed this season (her coach said that), confidence, and got on top of the ball when defending the goal. I love watching this girl play- It's hard to keep my mouth shut though!

My number 7- ready to check in...

Mid play shot... Gaby has been with this team for over a year now- their couch is really about teaching the sport and positions. He makes sure they have fun. He yells at them too but doesn't cross the line of too much competitiveness which I am happy about.

After their last game, they went to CiCi's pizza to celebrate! What a great group of girl!
Until Fall....

No comments: