Monday, February 21, 2011

a new milestone


Tonight I started my workout at Jazzercise, I went as soon as Dustin got home so I could rock out in LeAnne's class. It felt good to move. After I got home, Dustin went to the gym with Gaby. I love that she is taking an interest and walking/running too! I hope that D and I are becoming better role models for our girls. After they returned I went to the gym... I wanted to get in some more calorie burn.

Long story short... Today was my first day of training. I did week 1, day 2 of the program, couch to 5k. It felt good. I ran and walked for a mile and a half in 25 minutes. After day one training was over, I wasn't ready to be done. During the cool down, I kept running. After 5 minutes, I was still running. After 10 minutes I was still running. I looked down and I was up to 3 miles in 42 minutes.

This is a milestone...

Now, where do I go from here. I have always had it in my mind I would run a 5k...sometime. It is my time. No excuses, no whining, no stopping...

My goal... to run (three) 5k this spring/summer.
My first goal is to do my first 5k in 40 minutes. I still have some time to train. I will do this. I am ready. I want to this just as bad as I want to loose my weight!

I will run a 5k.

Now, who is with me???

No comments: