Monday, February 14, 2011

Mia and Kendal's morning


We started our morning at the mall. Just Mia and Kendal. The big kids are at school and I wanted to do something fun just with my little babies.

Mia and Kendal had a blast... we went right when the mall opened and there was only 1-2 kids there the entire time. Mia explored everything...

Kendal stayed in one spot and played with this one toy. Difference in kids, I guess!

We left mall play area and rode the evaluator to the food court- Mia giggled the entire way up. It was a fun ride for her.

We stopped at the candy store and picked up some coffee candy for dad and sugar free candy for Grammy. Mia may or may not have picked up some gummy bears for herself.

Then we stopped for a snack... okay, mommy really wanted a snack. Daddy Cakes. Well, that isn't the name anymore but it is the same location and same cupcakes... We picked up some cupcakes for dad, Gaby and Kadyn for our V-Day treat. Then we had the mini ones for our snack.

Kendal Wendal loved the strawberry frosting- she cried when her cupcake was all gone. (That's my girl). I had a mini banana one...Yummo!
Mia and her cupcake!
The girls did great! Several people mentioned how well they were doing (and how cute they were) while we waited (little busy on this heart day). There was even a mixed up and the gal rang up 2 extra cupcakes on my tab - they were for the gal behind me- because it is was so busy and the line was long behind us, I just told the lady that her cup cakes were on me- It was a simple gesture on my part, but this gal really seemed surprised and so happy. It was nice to make someones day!
Our last stop was Target! On days like Valentines Day, it is so easy to get tons of candy for the girls' treats. I really don't want it in the house as a temptation for me and the kids really don't need gobs of candy either. So, we got them little stuffed animals, and their cupcake. The older girls really love Club Penguin so we did plush characters from that series and Mia picked out an Olivia plush. Wendal is easy and she got a mini baby doll that she can chew on.

Perhaps the plush's is a little more money ( candy is high too), but at least I hope I am helping me and the girls out but not having so much junk around. We'll see how it goes!

What a fun morning! I called Dustin and told him "I could so get used to this". Mornings at home with the girls, running errands, taking them to play, and just having fun with them. Only thing that could have made this day perfect was to have Kadyn and Gaby home too. I so thought about keeping them home but thought it would be a bad idea! I could get used to being a Stay at Home Mom- for sure. Days like this make it hard to not want this for me and my family!

Don't worry Daycare Moms... the moment was over and then I realized I was able to do these fun things with the kids because Dustin and I both work. I have the best of both worlds, I am able to work from home, love on my babies, teach and educate other young ones, and earn an income.

What a fun morning with my babies... now for naps and Valentine Day parties!

2 comments:

Danna said...

Sounds like a wonderful morning Laura! Happy Valentine's Day!
P.S. you girls are so cute!

Molly said...

We went to Billy Vanilly this morning too, I got G some cupcakes for vday as well, too fun! Love the pics of the girls, they're so cute!