Tuesday, September 28, 2010

random thoughts...weight loss edition

I forgot to update everyone on Friday's weigh in... it was good, down 2 more. I didn't get to work out as much last week and I could feel it. I was dragging, tired, and short tempered for sure. This week I am day 3 of riding my bike and doing a Jazz class. I am happy with that. I borrowed some Jazzercise DVD's from a friend so I can have something at home for the days I just can't get to the center to work out.

Some things I have started doing for this week... stopped drinking pop. Day 1 for this. I have found a fitness water I like, and it seems to help when I am in really wanting a pop. We'll see. Besides eating, pop drinking is truly my horrible habit I need to kick.

My second thing I have started... portions. I have realized it really isn't want I eat (when I am at home aside from fast food), it is how much I am eating. This is a challenge for me. I started using smaller plates... like a party size one for meals. This way, I can have a full plate, it is just a smaller one. I am doing this so I can really start looking at the amount of food that I am eating.

I am trying new recipes. A couple days before my list is needed for the store, I have started looking online for Weight watcher recipes. Trying some new things... another challenge for me. But, I am ready it.

Dustin has joined a gym too. He is totally on board for losing weight which makes this a little more easier. He is a late night owl so he goes after the kids (and I) are in bed. He is doing very well and I will probably be really mad when his weight comes off faster then mine... but until that post, I will support, encourage, and cheer him on!

We are looking for a fold up tred mill (?). Used maybe? If anyone has some ideas of brands or do's and don'ts of getting one, please let me know. Something down the road, maybe after the new year when everyone has them on sale.

I guess that is all...any success stories, tips or comments, email or FB me. I would love to share them with others as well.

No comments: