Wednesday, September 8, 2010

random thoughts...


The 3 day weekend was great! As always it went by way too fast but we still enjoyed the time as a family.

As many of you know (through FB) we got our deck redone. We wanted to wait until Spring to do this huge project but it was starting to pull away from the house and was becoming more unstable. We figured since I use the deck so much for daycare and my second exit, we better get it hired out and rebuilt.

It was the best move we could have ever made... much of our meals and evenings have been spent on the deck. We are hoping by Spring we can get it screened in... we'll see. But for now, we have loved making smores and hanging out. We have already had some family over to enjoy the new beefy deck.
I have already started getting most of our summer attire put away. I have left a couple pairs of short but most jeans, carpi pants and skirts are in the girls' dressers. After having 2 months of bills over 300.00 for AC, I am so happy we can have the windows open and the attic fan going. Love this weather... as my brother said, fall is the best 2 weeks of the year!

Kenni is doing so much... she is almost sitting up completely on her own. She has 4 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom. Her sleeping habits have changed a little, waking up to eat more during the night. She can hold her own bottles and loves to eat the teething cookies. She is growing up. Which leads into the next thought...

I am having a hard time packing up her clothing. I am 100% sure she is our last, I would love to have more babies but our house is too small and I want to be able to give each of them the world... I know 4 kids completes us. Unless God has some cruel plan, we are finished. I know I have no more use for her baby stuff, but I am still not wanting to pass it along yet. Yet, I don't want to store it. So, in the past, I have picked out my favorites over the years and have gotten blankets made of their outfits. So, I guess I will get my blanket pile started and pass on the rest... sigh!
Such a cutie pie!
Mia is still up to no good. She is talking a mile a minute and still uses her words to back talk and sass me. But, she is cute and I spend most of the day laughing at her sass, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I feel completely unmotivated to lose weight... which scares the hell out of me, frankly! I want it gone, I want to look better, and I want to fit into my clothing. I just don't have the drive it takes and it is stressing me out. I don't know what was different from last time. I am taking this to prayer as I need motivation, I need to lose this weight.

My birthday is coming up... we have some plans already brewing. I have an appointment to get my last butterfly tattoo added to my shoulder. Then, people from school are having an adult only party that evening...and it just so happens to fall on my birthday, win win for everyone. Looking forward the fun things planned.

October is another 4 hour observation for daycare. I am looking forward to the feedback... This weekend Dustin spent a lot of time getting woodchips in the play area. It looks great!


The projects are never ending... we are getting ready to paint the house. I most likely will have kid duty but I am excited to fix some of the siding and change colors a little. The house needs a face lift for sure.

G and K are still doing good in school... I have only emailed teachers once so far. I still miss them during the day and the evening go so fast. G has soccer and church group and K has dance and church. Even Mia is in a church group this year. I hate the running around in the mornings too- we always feel rushed, but I am glad they are doing well. I am proud of them.

Daycare is going well. Still full, started preschool lessons, dancing and playing games everyday, never sitting down until nap... but I am blessed. Everything is going great! I have a good group of kids that are so excited about everything we are doing. Their enthusiasm makes it all worth while!

Awana starts tonight. Gaby moved up to TnT group, Kadyn into Sparks, and Mia is a Puddle (or something like that). Dustin is volunteering his time working on the church computers and I will be a Cubbie leader again. Love the programs just makes for a long night for sure.

I think that is all for now... I am needing to get the kids up for school and prep for daycare. Thanks for checking back in.... have an awesome day!

No comments: