Thursday, September 23, 2010

random thoughts...

This week has gone by fast and slow all at the time. Not sure how that happens but it does. We have been running around but with different events so it hasn't been the same routine of busy.

This week I have tackled my picture sorting project. Last week I started by ordering month by month, this week I am sorting into family, girls, and Christmas. I am so ready to start Kendal's book since I have her pictures ordered and sorted. This was 3 nap times worth of a project. I averaged about 100 printed per month. Yikes... I guess I am all about the memories!
We are going on day three of Mia wearing her new winter coat. I ordered it online and wanted her to try it on when it came in. It fits, looks great, and now she is taking naps in it. I had to turn her room AC on so she wouldn't get over heated yesterday while sleeping. I guess this isn't a battle I want to pick.

I am so blessed. Mia and Kendal both get AWESOME hand me downs from some friends of mine. I just got a few things for Kendal and I am going through everything I was given for Mia from last fall. This helps out so much. Mia and Kenni are at ages the don't wear out their outfits but just grow out of them. So having people that pass things done is a huge gift. Then it is new to them and not the same outfits form K and G, which is so nice.

Related to the last post- I did use my Gymboree coupon and stocked up on some odds and ends for fall as well. Seven dollar tees and leggings are just too good of a deal to pass up. (Also where I got M's coat---awesome deal.)

Gaby tried out for a munchkin last night. If you are on FB you know I was a crazy nervous wreck over this. Gaby was chosen to be a part of the 10 kids from her school to try out- that in its self is huge honor. I have no idea what her changes are, but she would be so excited to make it into the Wizard of OZ. She is prepared either way but she'll find out tomorrow! **Aunt Kara was even kind enough to come over after work and fix her hair for the try out, we love you Kara.**

I am in LOVE with a product called Scentsy. They are wax warmer things and they just rock. They don't get hot to the touch (outside parts) and they are just safer then candles. They cover up the smell of dirty diapers and it takes me to my happy place for sure! Monday the kids were out of school and I needed to set up for the party. I am gearing up for Christmas so my hostess points are "buying" presents... is that tacky??? I don't know! Anyway... I had helpers. They loved smelling everything, arranging the table, and listing out their favorite smells. The party was a blast, and I can't wait to get my goodies!
This weekend I was supposed to crop... well not any more. I pulled wall paper off in one spot to see how easy or not how easy it would come off. Good news is, it came off really easy... Bad news is, my house looks ghetto and we now have to paint instead of going to scrapbook. I am kinda excited to get this done but I don't think Dustin is as happy! But, it'll look great after we paint.

No comments: