Monday, September 20, 2010

Autumn...

it never fails that the week before we work on fall is the cold, rainy and gloomy outside. Then, it is our turn to discuss the season and it is a day right out of summer. Nevertheless we had a fun time reading our story of the week and introducing Fall!

Our story of the week is, " I know an old lady who swallowed some leaves". I love this story. It is based off the rhyme, "I know an old lady who swallowed a fly". There are many more books like this one... she swallowed a a shell, a pie, a bat, ect. All fun books to read.
(Plus I wanted to show off that Kenni is sitting up. I still put a pillow behind her for crash landings but over all, she is a sitting girl! Boy, is she ever cute doing it!)

Every Sunday night is, "get the house cleaned up for the week" night. As normal, I cleaned, got laundry caught up (thanks to D for putting some of it away), made my list for the week and so on. Then I remembered... no school for Gaby and Kadyn. Then I had 2 others add for the day (which I am happy to have them visit). Which means... house will get dirty a lot faster. Which during a normal week is no biggie at all. But, tonight I am hosting a Scentsy Party and don't have a lot of time from last child pick up to when party starts to clean.

So, to make the day stress free, we made a easy lunch with no clean up in the kitchen. Ate outside on the deck, and did story time on the deck as well.
My older girls, home from school... I sure do love having them here!

My little ones... everyone picked their spots out! Some wanted the table, some wanted the deck.



The kids had a great time being outside on this fall...um, I mean summer like day! Tomorrow we are back to our regular scheduled day!

No comments: