Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The journey contines... I can't believe I am posting these!

I have shared my weight loss journey via Facebook and my blog. As I have said before it isn't for the "ohhh" and "ahhh" of the losing the weight but to show how it is changing my life and helping me to make positive choices when it comes to eating.
For me, it continues to be a struggle. I have an addictive personality and know I can not have certain foods in the house or I will eat it all. That is just how it is right now and I am okay with that. Once I hit my goal weight, I hope I can get to splurge a little more on the "fun stuff" rather then pure dieting. Today during nap time I was ordering pictures and saw some of my older pics too... it was a great reminder to me that I want to hit my goal, I NEED to hit my goal, and I CAN hit my goal.
Scroll down with me on weight loss lane as you see some of my sizes, weights, and progress.

This was taken January 08... I was at my heaviest!
275lb
I was wearing size 22-24 jeans, I didn't realize at the time how over weight I was. I wasn't watching what I was eating, I was snacking whenever, and I was not exercising. I also was on 3 kinds of medication for high blood pressure.

This was taken August 08, I was 9 mo. preggers and actually lost some weight being pregnant.
268lbs
size 22
Still on 3 meds for high blood pressure

This was taken January 09... I had started Jazzercise classes and watching what I ate, trying to make better choices and learning more about food.
245lbs
size 18-20 jeans
At this point I started writing down what I ate. This really opened my eyes to what times I was snacking the worst, eating the most, and my choices of food. In March 09, I started Weight Watchers (only went to 3 meetings before D lost his job and I dropped the meeting costs), I still look at points and try to keep a general idea of what I have eaten.



This was taken June 09... at my lightest (since high school, I think)
208lbs
Size 14 in jeans
I still am not at my goal. I want to be down to 175 hopefully by August to mark a 100lbs in 1 year. I have set a mini goals along the way such as a new bra, new pair of jeans in a smaller size, a tattoo (coming June 12th). I had to reward myself for the small losses to help me see the bigger picture.
I am now 9 months into my weight loss journey and I no longer shop in plus sizes, I no longer get worn out so easily, and I no longer have blood pressure issues.

8 comments:

Tonya said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! You're doing an amazing job and are a total inspiration! Keep it up sister!

Mommy to 4 boys and 1 little girl! said...

Way to go Laura! You have so much to be proud of. What a great role model for your daughters. They're going to be so bombarded by weight pressures, but they'll have you to look at and see a truly healthy approach on handling it!

Anissa said...

Congrats Laura!! You're doing a great job! Keep it up and I know you'll hit that goal!!!

Dawn Estes said...

OK, Seriously... You rock, sister! I am so proud of you. You had me tearing up. You are an inspiration - I'm stinkin' proud of you and can't wait to celebrate with you as you reach your goals! Love ya!

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

GOOD FOR YOU! Its nice to see the progress! I know your journey all too well myself! I was a size 24 when Kris and I got married a 24!!! Thankfully I am now a 16-18 but I am in the same goal range as you! We can do it! Its not easy to have that food addiction, I find myself eating something just because its there!
You look great, you are such a wonderful person and its only fair that you feel wonderufl inside and out!

Jeano said...

Laura! I am so happy for you!
You have a glow of accomplishment about you!
Congrats on making it this far and I can't wait to see what you can do next!

Peacegirl said...

No matter what size you are, you are still one of the most beautiful women I know!

Peacegirl said...

That was actually Cassie's mom who left the last message...your neighbor Shelly!