Tuesday, June 9, 2009

starting a new journey....

I run a daycare program I am proud of. I am not an egotistical person, I am just proud of the care I provide to my own kids and my daycare family! In everything you do, you must reflect on your job and your needs and how you can make it better. Even though I moan at the investment of time and money, I am grateful for a "rule" that us daycare providers must follow. Every year, I am required to attend 10 hours of educational in-services. This really is a good thing... the topics cover anything from school aged summer ideas to dollar store activities.
Two years ago I went through a grant program at ERC. I had home visits, support meetings, and of course received money. It wasn't all about the money, well, it certainly was a nice motivation but it was about getting new ideas, new set up for my home, and more activities to help educate and engage the kids that come here!
Now... the journey continues... Part II! Tonight I am attending the first of 12 hours of the Quailty Connections program. I am excited a) one of my all time favorite ERC staff memebers is co-leading the group and b) my bestest goodest partner in trouble Dawn is attending the meetings too! I looking forward to meeting more people that care about their program as much as I do... we wouldn't invest this much time if we didn't. I am also looking foward to gathering ideas for new and improved lessons for the fall. The program is a journey... to stay open minded and to be willing to change things or try new suggestions. To invest in your children, to be motivated, and to provide the care that you want for your own children. So, even though the journey ahead is lot of time and effort during a crazy time for my family... I know the rewards will be all worth it! ***And, I am not talking about money this time, this one is for the higher knowledge only, no money is given for part II! =)

1 comment:

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

I hope you enjoy your class! It sounds like it'll definitely be fun! I'm so glad you are enjoying caring for kiddos! Its providers like you that give us mommys piece of mind!