Monday, June 8, 2009

will we ever slow down?

As I knew it would be summer has proven to be a crazy time of year for us! I haven't even blogged in 5 whole days just because a) we are kinda repeating the same activities over and over that make us busy... ex) softball games b) I am tired by nap time and all I want to do is read my book and ride my bike. (That is my personal deal with myself, if I watch TV or read during nap time, I must ride my bike so I won't snack the entire time) Agh... stupid deal!

Anyway... here are some highlights of the week!
Gaby was very excited, okay, I was thrilled when she gave me the OK to get her hair chopped off. She has great hair. Long, blond, and THICK! We could climb it 20x a day and still look like she hadn't even touched it. So, I made an appointment with Heather, from Trends (Thank you Dawn) and here is her beautiful after shot! She looks so much older and it is easy to mange and work with. Kadyn and Gaby go back on Friday to get blue high lights in their hair for summer!!!


My other big news is that Mia is 9mo old. We had her check up on June 3rd. I kept telling everyone that she was growing, weighing more, and was getting "fat", in a cute baby way! At 6mo. she weighed 12lbs and at her check up on Thursday, she was 17lbs. That is 5lbs in 3 months. I was right... she is getting so big... and so darn cute. Her personality is really showing through as she is clapping and doing patty cake. She is starting to sleep through the night 5/7 days, which is better then it has been.
Mia Rose is now on the charts for her weight. At 6 mo. she was at 5% and now she is 16%.
Mia continues to be a happy baby. If she is crying she wants mommy, food, or sleep. She has always been a momma's girl, which I figured would happen since I stay home with her, but now it is getting harder and harder to leave the room or pass her off to family members whom she knows!
Here Mia is waiting on the doctor to come and check her out! I am so in love with all of my children. And, I am so in love with this smile.
On a personal note... I have not hit my 200 lb mark yet- I am about 6lbs away. However, I had to cheat and get the tattoo early so it would have time to heal before our surprise day out on the 19th and swim lessons in July. We will be around water and chlorine and in order to do that, it has to scab and peel which can take up to 2 weeks... you do the math... that is why I am a proud owner of my new butterfly with the (dot, dot, dot) and the heart that represents Dustin. It took from start to finish about 10 minutes! And yes! It did hurt but was manageable. It would be the throbbing that took place after that was more annoying, but with it all said and done... I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I LOVE Gaby's new haircut, super cute and SO stylish!

Peacegirl said...

Mia is an absolute baby doll!