Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our SpringTheme....

This week we are theme is Spring. Even though today was not the picture perfect spring day, it was still nice to get outside and do some spring activities such as gardening.
Our day started with an art project... we made spring flowers from pipe cleaners and and an egg cartoon. The kids enjoyed painting the "flowers". I even had one child tell me, "wow...these flowers really smell like real ones". It made me laugh! Above is Kadyn and lil' K painting with lil A waiting for her turn. Even my one year olds did a great job on this project!

Our next step was growing some grass. Each kid got their own pot, garden toys, and dirt. They followed instructions very well and made this time last for what seemed like forever...but they enjoyed it. We then planted our grass seeds and the watered them. Now, we just have to wait!

My proud lil' gardeners...

Even my younger group had a blast... most of their time was less educational due to being on crowd control..."don't throw the dirt, don't eat the dirt, don't put dirt in your friends' hair" ect.

1 comment:

BethH said...

Cute, cute! Looks like they are all having a BLAST!