Monday, March 30, 2009

If you give a Moose a Muffin....

This week we are picking one of our all times favorite books and doing our daily lessons from it. Today's pick was "If you give a moose a muffin" by Laura Joffee Numeroff. I just love her books! Today we made muffins as our group project. We also took the muffin pans and sorted buttons by colors. And, to end our learning time, we acted out the book by pretending to pick blackberries, getting a sheet washed, sewing a button on a sweater...

My muffin makers in action...

The little ones had their time at the table after the older ones were finished. As the older group were stirring I peeked out to see Lil A on the chair "reading" our theme book.
Other books we will discuss this week are: Chicka chica boom boom, Brown bear brown bear what do you see, and if you take a mouse to school. Check back to see our fun, educational, daily activities!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

My kids love her books...ok it's really me that loves her books and I force them onto my children! Your kids are so blessed to have you as their momma!