Thursday, March 26, 2009

looking for anwers

So, here to the right is our darling angel baby Mia. Mia is 7 months old and still is not sleeping through the night! I am looking for some answers. When Gaby was an infant she slept with us so when we woke up during the night it was easy to feed her, comfort her and get her back to sleep. When K was an infant, she slept through the night day 2 of bringing her home. And, now there is Mia. She will be dead tired at 8:30 pm, has a full belly, and goes down super easy. However she'll wake up 2 -3 x a night to eat, at least that is what we do to get her back to sleep. I need to get her on a better sleep routine... I allow her to wake up whatever time in the AM since daycare is sorta crazy until about 8am. But most days she still wants a AM nap, longer afternoon nap, and then a short PM nap. I am up for suggestions on how to get her to sleep during the night. I am so not a perfect parent that knows all of the answers. Only thing I don't like doing is letting her cry for more then 10 minutes or so. I think she still too young for this method... let me know your thoughts!

3 comments:

Danna said...

Ainsley was the exact same way!! She finally started really sleeping through the night before she turned a year old, she would sleep well for about a month & then would start waking up again! We just had to work our way through it & I made sure that she did not take a nap too late in the day, could she be getting too much sleep during the day? I don't know what will work, but know that I am feeling your pain :)

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Wow, sorry to hear you're having difficulties!! I think you should talk to your pediatrician about it. I've heard many reports that say babies after about 5 months can sleep through the night and do not need a night feeding. They might WANT one, or feel that they should have one, but they don't NEED one. Maybe your pediatrician will have ideas to help you out. My son only wakes up once because he wants his pacifier...but that's a quick fix. He is almost 6 months old and sleeps anywhere from 8-10 hours a night. I consider myself pretty doggone lucky! He is on a good schedule though, and typically wakes between 8 and 8:30 in the morning, then takes a morning, afternoon, and evening nap. Nap amounts equal around 5 hours, roughly. I hope you can get some answers and find success soon!

adomingu said...

Laura, Diego and Nyah would get up once in the night untill they were about 1 yr old. Then Gabriel slept throught the night the first week he was born. (YEA!!!!)
I think they are all different. I would just feed them so I/we could go back to sleep. I would rather feed and get over with then try the pacifier for it to only be a temporary fix and end up having to get up anyways! I would try to do away with the late afternoon/ evening nap,especially if she naps two other times during the day!
Good luck, I feel you pain!