Thursday, March 26, 2009

My rockin' pork recipe!

So, I am kinda a recipe nut! I love watching Food Network, using their website, and trying 1-2 new recipes a week. The recipe I used before is "Tangy Pork Sandwiches with Spicy Slaw" by Sandra Lee. (you can go to www.foodnetwork.com and search for this title) There are several ingredients I personally don't care for but use just to create the flavor. The main reason(s) I like this recipe is a) you throw the pork loin in the slow cooker, b) it's pork so it is healthier for ya! Even though I liked the original recipe, I didn't have everything so I made do with what I had and added some "spice"to it... so here is the rocking pork loin recipe that I made tonight! If you make it, let me know what you think of it.

1 pork loin patted dry
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of yellow mustard
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of BBQ sauce
1 juice of lime (I use the lime juice bottle and do a couple squirts)
worcestershire sauce (3-5 dashes)
chipole peppers in adboe sauce (3-5 peppers)

Season pork with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker, put 3-5 dashes of worcestershire sauce on pork.. In a bowl, mix together BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, chicken broth, lime juice. Poor mixture on top of pork. Place peppers on top of pork. I do not like peppers but still used them for flavor- it really makes the pork full of flavor! Cover and cook on low for 6- 8 hours. Remove pork and let it rest for 10 minutes!

Enjoy! Try it and let me know what you think... One large pork loin fed 6 people in my family and we still had 1/4 left over!

No comments: