Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My awesome new toy...

Yes! This would be my new Kindle Fire.

Yesterday as kids were dropping off one of my parents gives me a gift and says it was from everyone. I really had no idea what was going on but thought my parents were acting a little off the day before. It finally came together. They all pitched in and bought a Kindle Fire, a case, and screen protectors.

Wow! What a gift. I really wanted one. I wanted to start reading books more and thought it would be a great investment for the kids to use as well with all the kids books and movies you can download for free. I already loaded my first book, FB, and email onto my new toy. It is just that cool.

Just last week at dance I was telling one of my parents how much I wanted one- not knowing the plans were already in the works- she played it off rather well. I told her I'd probably have to wait until the January birthday's were over. She agreed with my choice... now I know why.

When I first opened the box and saw what it was, I thought to myself, "Well, that was mean, they wrapped my gift in a Kindel box to make me think that was what I was getting". I never in a million years would have thought they really would have gotten it for me! Then I continued to open, it was just me and the kids... they really didn't understand what it was until I showed them. Then they added a little more excitement to the moment. It was super hard to wait until nap time but it allowed my gift to charge.

What an awesome morning. We did our Christmas party, I got the coolest gift ever, and we ate everything we wanted. (not counting calories this week)

To my parents, I can not even begin to tell you what this means to me. This is one of the coolest things that anyone has done. The thought of the plan, the time, and money that was put into this is a lot, and I know that- this gift is so very special to me not only because it is a cool new gift but because it was from all of you! Each of you are my friends and a part of my family! I love you all and I thank you! It was a great idea and I have already put it to use!!! You all ROCK!


When I first started looking into a Kindle, I told Dustin I wanted one. He replied, " We already have one and it's paid for". So I thought it was cute to have a picture taken of Kendal holding the Kindal.
"Two of my favorite Kendal's"
It's a cool gift... Gaby already figured out that Amazon already had free movies to download. She is really good with tech products and jumped right into using it.

No comments: