Sunday, July 17, 2011

Girl night... NKOTB

At the New Kids on the Block concert in Kansas City. Melissa and Amy showing off their bling before the concert started.

Jill and I running to get a drink and potty! Shesh, we are cute. On a side note- between Jill and I, we have lost over 175 lbs.

Have of the group that was there...Melissa, Amy, Jill and I. Most of the girls stayed the night in KC.

The name of this shop cracked me up- it was down the street from the joint we ate dinner at.

In the scary bathroom at Grinderz. This place was featured on Food Networks, Diner, Drive-in's and Dive's. It was a cool place to eat at and the food was Yummo!!! However the bathroom was scary!

Shilo and I... Shilo (and friends) drove up to KC together.

This is the 3rd time in my life to see NKOTB. This tour they teamed up with Back Street Boys... Um, okay! I never was into BSB and when they were on stage the crowd was different and New Kids really stole the show.

The first time I saw them I was in the 3rd grade. My mom had bought tickets for me to earn. It was a difficult year for me in school and that was my bribe. I still remember the concert so well. I was a Jordan Knight fan then and still am today! The second time I saw them was 2 years ago when they had their come back tour. Lady Gaga opened for them and I remember making fun of her- now she stands on her own. The show was great- each of the New Kids sang their hit songs and they has an awesome combination of new songs and their old. I love that they know they have to sing their older hits- no one would go and see a bunch of married hotties singing new songs- we want to hear, "Please don't go girl", and "Tonight". This time around, the opening act was Mr. Schue from Glee, Matthew Morrison. He was awesome. I loved his jazz songs, his dance moves, and his inspirations such as Patrick Swazye, Gene Kelly, and Michael Jackson. He was an awesome performer. The combo of BSB and NKOTB was okay- like I said, New Kids rocked it and I wish they would have performed more! It was a great night out, awesome company, and outstanding friends! Another night of memories!

No comments: