Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First step...

to a natural play area. I just completed 6 hours of in-service on creating a natural play environment for your daycare. I have always loved our outside playground because of the nature component. I don't love all the nature but I love the opportunities it provide for us and the kids.

After the class was completed, each participate was given a mini grant to put towards a natural play area. The area I want to change up a little is this rectangle that used to be our garden area. It doesn't allow for a great garden space and it was hard to keep up.

It's still a nice little area and would love some attention...

I am looking for 2 benches for the kids to sit on and a boat... yep, a small boat. One that we can place in the ground and the kids can use it for play- we will drill holes in the bottom so the rain water won't build up- if you hear of anything- please let me know!

My hubby picked these spools up for me. These are the perfect height to sit on, climb on, or stand on.

I am most excited about these... One of my daycare fathers used part of the mini grant for supplies and built us 2 garden boxes for our area. We are doing one flower bed and one veggie garden. This boxes are awesome- I am so excited to have these added to our natural play area. I can't wait to get it all together soon! Thank you JM for all of your hard work and time!

No comments: