Friday, July 15, 2011

Discover center... Kendal and Mia

So, my posts are out of order... below talks about our 1st trip to the Discover Center.
Here are some pictures of Mia and Kendal during their visit.

Mia at the rice table.... so happy the rice stayed there and I didn't have to clean up after the preschoolers that were playing in this area.

Kendal loves this infant block table. She stayed and played here for a long time, she would get so excited when she moved the blocks/shapes into the holes.

After seeing how much fun the kids had at the rice table, I think I MIGHT invest in one for daycare. I have seen so many cheap and fun ways to make them. Rice tables are up there on my "yes, I think they are really cool but you don't have to clean it up everyday" list. But we already have so many digging tools and water toys that would work if we did...hmmmm! We'll see.

Another favorite of Kendal's the stacking circles. After she would get them all stacked up she would clap her hands and say, "yeeeaaaahhhh". It was cute, even the other mom's commented on her little personality!

The construction center... this one not my favorite. If I was with Mia one on one in this center then yes, I would have enjoyed it more- they have real nail, screws, hammers and tools for the kids. The center had plenty of safety hats, gloves, and eye wear too. I just was going between Mia, Kendal, and the others so we didn't get much from this station. Maybe next time.

While Mia and her friends were painting, Kendal got to play in the infant/toddler area. Totally plush area to play. She had lots of fun climbing and walking around all the kid friendly toys.

Part of the hospital area... seeing how tall Mia is. She was all smiles this morning.

One of her favorites, the dolls.

Kenni had a blast too- lots to do to keep her busy as the older ones played as well.


We had a great time this morning. If you haven't been to the Kansas Children's Discovery Center, take the time to go. I hope Topeka can keep a place like this open for our kids. There are a ton of positive things to be said about this place. However there are a couple of negative things too- the price is a huge one. No matter the age, it was 6.50 per person. We stayed over 2 hours but that is still a pricy activity. I hope in the future they will be able to offer a group rate or daycare/education rate of some sort. The price is what will keep me from taking my family of seven back as often as I would like. I hope once the outside exhibit is complete it will allow for some more activities. I felt after 2 hours we were done and ready to go. We had played on everything and even did some areas a couple of times. I know the center has only been open a month so I am hoping after some time some improvements will be made to make it more affordable and over more activities.
Overall, it was a great time. I would recommend it to families or daycare's that have children 1-5 years of age. It was perfect for Mia and Kendal. If you have gone- let me know your thoughts, I'd love to compare notes!

No comments: