Thursday, December 9, 2010

more Christmas fun...

Getting ready to make some more Christmas decorations...
We made awesome smelling cinnamon ornaments. Everyone had a turn and picked out their favorite Christmas cookie cutter for the project. Even the little ones had fun... after the big one stopped showing her how to do it!
"You do dis mom, like dis".

Everyone was in the kitchen adding the flour, cinnamon, and water... very easy to do and smells so good when they are baking.
And they make such cute ornaments for the tree..
Another thing I am just not good at (see Epic Fail post below) is making gingerbread cookies. I just can not get the dough right for using the cookie cutters. So, I will admit- I bought all ready made to go Gingerbread cookies. The kids helped me make frosting and decorated with candy and sprinkles (before sprinkle stage). They had a blast- we made some for snack and took the extras home... what a fun week of baking we have had!

No comments: