Wednesday, August 25, 2010

random thoughts... daycare time


***pictures are not loading at this time*** will be added again shortly-sorry!

We have started preschool lessons this week and last and let me just say, "I love my job". I have been so excited about my younger group of kids this year. We have some awesome new themes, activities, and components and I am just happy.

We hare always working on our house, daycare projects, and trying to make our space better. Our first "huge" house project is about to take place. We are getting a new deck. I love our deck, I use it all the time as our "outside classroom" and much more. This past summer, we knew we would have to get it replaced. The time has come sooner then later. It needs to become more stable and safe for daycare and our family. We are able to add to the size and "beef it up" as our contractor told us! Here is our before picture... I LOVE our deck space!


I can not stop talking about everything that is going on at preschool. I ordered some new music to expand our music library and improve our music and movement time. My awesome hubby is getting all my music in one folder and on my Itouch! He rocks... literally!

I also am getting an equipment order too. We have some cones, no kink hula hoops, streamer bracelets and more to come. Again... I can not wait. Like I said, I am taking donations... ;)

Training I went to over the summer has really lit a fire under me to step my program up to the next level. I am have loved taking the materials and lessons and putting them into practice here, and the kids LOVE it as well. It is a win win situation!

Most of our "learning time" takes place in one area of my house. This August, this area got a mini make over...
I added display boards. Each week, our art is hung up on our boards and my peanuts really do have a gallery now. I added some classy little decorations and we moved our crayon discipline system to the kids level.
I am such a list maker... I make lists for my list. However, if I don't write our circle time plan for that day, we'll get busy and distracted. Instead of using post it's or paper, I started using my back door and a wipe off marker. This way I can make my list, wipe it off, and change it day to day. Not sure why I haven't thought of this earlier. This is really working for me! Love it!
This is the view of the other side of our preschool room. Again, we added the letter boxes and more decorations. Each of my families had a homework assignment to make a 8x8 scrapbook page of their child and family. We have them displayed now and the kids love looking at their special page and our new "friend" wall.


I went from reading 5-8 different books each day/ week to 3. With my group being younger, I think repeating the stories will help them understand them better. Our books of the week are now on display right by our picture helper chart.

I am entering year two of my grant program. I am excited. I know more what to expect and how to make this program work for our daycare. I am not as scared, I look forward to the feedback and rating. I know it will help me in the long run. This program takes a lot of time and energy but is really worth it. October is my rating month!

Like I said, I am so excited about this year. So many new fun things to teach, to learn, and to pass on to my group of peanuts. Keep checking back to see what we are doing each week!

No comments: