Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lots of changes...part II

Back to school shopping has started. Saturday night I spent the evening with my favorite 8 year old and 5 year old at the mall. Here were are in the parking lot getting ready to start our evening.

I had a coupon for Bath and Body. I made the mistake of telling the girls that "tester" meant you could put some of that product on. They were so smelly after 5 minutes in that store. I am sure the employees were glad when my smelly messes left the store.


Our next stop was Justice. I have ducked my head in a few times but have never bought anything. The girls each found some shirts and dresses (Yes, even Gaby picked out a dress). It was a nice and relaxing time. They loved going into the fitting rooms to try things on. Of course, I was there to take pictures!!!



Now... I had a motive when entering into Justice, I knew they had training and sports bras. Let me just say, Gaby was less then thrilled to have to try these on. She was a good sport though. We also had that, " you are growing up" talk. Gaby then said, " If I was a boy, I wouldn't have to deal with any of this". Many, many years from now, she will look back at this picture... and probably kill me!

After we left, we had a snack. We ran over to one of my favorite stores and picked out book bags.

Kadyn was so excited to be on this trip. She is so beyond happy about going to school. * moving on, I am not ready to face the fact I am getting ready to send her to school* Kadyn of course, went right for the pink and the hello kitty. Easy choice for her.

Gaby was ready for a messenger style of bag. She loves the bright colors and how she could carry it! Bag shopping was easy.

After the bags were finished... on to the shoes. We finished up our evening with smoothies and iced coffee drinks (Gaby had the coffee on- takes after her father). I had a blast with my girls. They are ready for school to start... I am, however, not!

No comments: