Monday, August 9, 2010

my daycare to-do list

Made a parent info board for updates, news letter, menu, and articles...

Got my helper chart/names ready to go for next week. We are taking a week (next week) to introduce helper chart, circle time routine, calendar, and hand washing/bathroom routines. Then the following week we are jumping into learning time, art, and themes!

I cleaned out 4 boxes worth of papers, art projects, and journals for Gaby, Kadyn, and Mia. I took pictures of all of their art and special projects. I really just have to admit, I can not keep everything, even if it is organized. I love having the pictures to put in their scrapbook and it will be so much easier to store and look back on!
There are certain things I kept... grade cards, journals, laminated projects, and hand written stories. Everything I kept went into one ziplock baggie. Every thing from that year has to fit in that one baggie! Instead of having 4 huge boxes, I have 4 baggies, labeled with the year on them.

One of my last projects I wanted to get done is going through all of my daycare books. I love children books but I simply have too many. I had them all organized into containers but I still just took up too much space. So, I dumped them all out, sorted through them once. Keep or give away. Sorted them a second time and got them into themes, seasons, and months. I went from 12 containers... once I gathered ALL of my books to 4. I am so happy!
One other project is to get more of my daycare storage out into the garage in one area. This summer Dustin made all new shelving area in the garage. Here is my finished daycare storage. Everything is in air tight containers, labeled, and ready to go! This is all the good stuff I like to use but not every day. I love having toys to switch out and now I can do that with this area so neatly put together!

Because I moved so much out of Mia's room, I moved out a set of cubbies and opened up a play area in her room. I can split the kids up and some can play in here and others in the living room. I love having the room open and easy to use without her personal items (such as her bed, dresser, and her toy chest) being used!

My daycare "to-do" list is coming to an end and I think my major projects are finished. I am so pleased with how everything has turned out.

No comments: