Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We introduced a new color this week... we are working with the color purple.

Today we did a simple free art project. We used purple paper, purple markers, and purple crayons to make our creations.

During circle time, we took our basket around the house and found purple toys, books, and other items to put into the basket. While the older kids but items in our basket, some took them out!
I am so excited to start lacing cards... (I bought a set of fall ones with bonus points from Scholastic books- Thanks daycare parents for ordering). The kids were very excited to have a new table time activity to try! They picked it up very well.
Our other new table time activity (again from Scholastic) is pattern cards. At first we matched the pictures to the objects, that seems too easy. So, we talked about patterns and what picture would come next- this was a challenge for most but was so happy the interest and willingness to try was there.


On a side note- I received my rating/observation notes back. I am excited that I/we/daycare program improved by 6 points. Back in January of this year, I was given a 3-star rating. On the down side, I am one point short of bumping up to the next level, a 4- star rating. So, for another year I will be a 3-star daycare. I am happy with the improvement and feedback that was given. And most of all, I am excited to move on to the next step. So, until I get rated next year, I am calling my daycare a 3(one point away from a 4) star program!

1 comment:

Mommy to 4 boys and 1 little girl! said...

I say that you should go and round up and call yourself a 4 star daycare!!