Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving is for giving thanks...


As we approach one of my favorite holidays, we are reminded about what we are thankful for. Today we started talking about Thanksgiving at circle time. I asked what everyone was thankful for...
AN: "my toys"
AW: " my momma"
E: "baby J'
M: "toys"
They are getting there... each day I will ask them what they are thankful for and see if it changes...

Today we made the cutest coffee filter/feet turkeys.
First step was to color the "feathers", aka coffee filters.
We also worked on some fine motor skills, we had to make sure the marker lids "popped" when we were finished using a fall color marker.
Then we traced our foot onto brown paper which made the turkey body. Here are our finished products. They are so adorable, so are the turkeys too...
This week is another hard week to narrow down a "story of the week". So, we have 2, then we have extra book time at lunch! I have so many favorites the kids will be tired of listening to me read, if that is possible!


I hope as we approach a holiday that almost gets skipped over due to Christmas, you will take the time to talk to your child and see what they are thankful for!!!

No comments: