Wednesday, October 13, 2010

starting week 2

Thank you for keeping up on my journey to lose weight. If you really don't care- don't read this post! That's okay, not everyone is interested! So, last week was good. I had a weight loss. I like reflecting to see what worked for me and what did not. Here are a few... (maybe you can add to some new ideas to try as well)

Trying 7lb weights at Jazz class did not work. (Next week I am using them again)
Counting out only 1 serving of M&M's (for 5pts) did not work. I wanted more.
Eating and snacking all day vs having bigger meals did not work for me. I never felt really full- I do snacks/lighter meals for am and lunch then a bigger dinner-so far, it works better for me!

Working out 6x a week worked for me.
Writing down what I ate and how many WW points worked for me.
Skinny Cow icecream bars worked for me.
Complaining (just a little) worked for me.
Sharing to people personal goals to help me stay on track worked for me- not to brag but to help stay accountable!
Taking this picture and seeing my dimples and face shape worked for me.
Stopped drinking pop worked for me.

My 2 new things to try this week: Smoothies (I saw packaged ones on the Biggest Looser last week). Chicken Pot Pie recipe from weightwatchers.com


Total loss to date: 11lbs.

2 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

You go, girl!!

BethH said...

Good girl, for you! That's awesome. It's nice to find something that works, isn't it? I'm with you on the M&M's. I give it up on that day..you can't just have your little allottment....ain't gonna work! And with you on the portion sizes and snacks. I don't do ww but do watch my caloric intake and try to keep it below 1500 a day. Then working ou 3 x a week seems to work for me. Lost 12 lbs since April and 1.5 this last week!!! YEAH for us!!!!! Keep up the great work, girlie!!! I'm so proud of you.