Thursday, October 7, 2010

A little bit of everything...

We started our day by gluing rectangle shapes on our paper. We went over our colors as we made our colorful art.

Our big new thing is using glue. If our project calls for glue, I have been giving each child a little plate of their own with it on there. I know this doesn't sound like a huge thing but it is for us!

Next we headed outside for our movement time... it really is no joke when I say my backyard/deck is my outside classroom. We do art, reading time, music, free play and much more outside as much as we can, and today was no different!

While using the hula hoops we worked on some gross motor skills. The hula hoops were our driving wheels as we drive through oil, rough roads, ect. Each "section" we drove through was a different gross motor skill.

We made a simple lunch and the kids helped me out. We picked out some items we could make into rectangles. C is showing off our rectangular sandwich and wafers.



We ended the morning with a nice lunch outside with our friends.

No comments: