Wednesday, October 13, 2010

beef stroganoff

Yesterday I tried a recipe from allrecipes.com. It pretty much rocked! First of all, I have never made my own beef stroganoff. Second of all, I have never seen it done in a slow cooker (my hero).

Here is what we need ...
1-1 1/2 pounds of cubed beef stew meat
2 cans of healthy request cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup of onion (I did not use this)
1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup of water
package of noodles
6oz of Weight Watchers cream cheese

Combine it all in your slow cooker -do not add cream cheese-
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese just before serving.

Our finished product!


This is a keeper! Everyone in our family enjoyed the dish and it made 6-8 servings. It was very filling when served with a veggie. So simple and tasty! Maybe this is an old recipe and everyone has made it but it is super new to us and I thought I would share a new favorite!

No comments: