Friday, October 21, 2011

This week in a nutshell...

Another week has come and gone- yet no daycare observation. It HAS to be next week. We are running out of October days. I am not stressing over it anymore... okay, maybe a little stress. But a line from one of my favorite songs comes to mind, "Strength will raise as we wait upon the Lord". I have changed the words... "Strength will raise as I wait for my inspection". Today... I feel strong. Not like physically but mentally too! I feel like I am ready as I am going to be and what you see is what you get. I can't coach the kids to wash their hands any better then they are, I can't hang up anymore art work in my dining room, and I can't have anymore parent meetings or socials then we have had. What you see is what you get!

Today I was down on peanuts at daycare- 2 are out sick with totally different things. I hope they get better soon. Dustin was sick earlier this week too- again totally different then what the other peanuts had. Based on his day- he said it was a food issue not a flu or stomach bug issue. I'll take it. It still made for a long day- by the time we got home from Awana, he was up and feeling better. He even got the kids to bed which I was grateful for. I hate this season due to all the yuckies that go around. I want my summer back!

Because I was low on peanuts, my mom stayed and watched the kids for a few minutes. I had to get to the bank. I had already started cleaning the kitchen which gives me no motivation to cook lunch. So, on the run to the bank and I stopped at Sonic. I got the kid's lunch to end our fun movie day morning. I choose Subway... I'll get into that in a minute. One thing I like about our Sonic is their trash cans... they have a trash can right before the drive thru window. I love picking up all the little trash around the seats while I wait- it's so nice. And I feel productive... got lunch and threw away all my trash in one stop! Thank you Sonic for the placement of your trash cans.

While I was driving this week, I heard a Bryan Adams song on the radio... wooza! That took me back to when I was in middle school at Becky S's house. We played in the basement singing this song into her mirror. Oh come on! I know I wasn't the only one... any guesses on what song it was???

I choose Subway! I made a good choice today. But I haven't this week. It was a good week but I didn't get my runs in or workouts that I had hoped. I have been in prayer about this so I can live a balanced life that includes working out and weight loss. Are you tired of hearing about my weigh loss issues? Well, you should be... I am tired of typing about them! I start the week off really good. Then life happens and I don't work out, or I'll eat poorly. Then by the end of the week I am so far off the wagon I can't even see the wagon anymore. I don't want my failure of losing weight to keep coming up as a topic. I don't want to be at this weight anymore- I want to finish what I started. I just am at a loss for doing it right now. I can't blame our activities or family lifestyle, we have always been this way. As I watch the Biggest Loser I think, it must be nice to drop everything and go to a place that almost makes losing weight impossible. If you want reality, bring Bob Harper to my house to help out with a family of seven, daycare, Awana, Church, activities, and so on and then teach me how to work out and eat right! That is reality.

Moving on... :)

While I was at Subway, I had the best service I have had in a long time. The guy asked me, "what can I get you , young lady?". Oh, to be called a young lady... that seems so 11 years ago before I was married, had 4 children, wiped butts and runny noises for a living. I loved it though. It made me smile and kinda made my day. Great service says a lot. He even toasted my bread with a smile. So... thank you Subway guy for making my lunch a happy one.

I posted about Gaby on FB Wednesday night. Her Tnt group at church had a talent night. She wanted to do a song on her violin. She just started learning this instrument in September. When she told me about the show, at first the over protective mom side wanted to protect her. I was thinking, " she doesn't know any songs yet, kids will laugh at her". I sorta hoped she would back out. Luckily, she didn't. She practiced her "plucking" and had Mary had a little lamb ready to go. She told me it went well. She made a joke about being new and for no one to "hate". That is my Gaby. Nothing gets her down. I am proud of her. I don't know that when I was her age I would have had the strength and courage. I so love that about her- I don't know where she gets it but she is something special!

That is our week in a nutshell... I could have typed out a novel. I love to ramble, I am sure you know that by now! Have a great weekend and check back soon!

No comments: