Monday, October 17, 2011

Peanuts home from school...

Today my kids are home from school which is great for me because I get a break from the crazy, "get ready for school", yell at everyone, run up and down the stairs a million times all before daycare starts, type of morning. Plus, I love having them at home, I truly love their company and having them around.

As much as I enjoy having them home, I know they don't always care for the daycare rules when they are here though. It was a great surprise when 2 of our friends from summer wanted to come back and visit since they were out of school too. The four of them play very well together and again I so enjoy their company- it's a fun change to have them.

We threw on our jackets this morning and headed outside. Our backward is covered in leafs and is quite the fall sight right now.

The big kids asked for rakes... I swear, I had no prompting in this. They spent a lot of time raking and picking up leaves....

The little ones played as the big ones gathered up more leaves...

Kadyn taking a break...



All the hard work paid off when they got to do this...

and this....

especially this...

after all the leaf playing was over... the young peanuts came inside for handwriting time.

we updated our journals and added our stickers

Then the wee peanuts had their turn too... I put the glue down and demonstrated how to put the tissue paper on their paper. They did great!

We just finished, "pat, pat, pat" with our leafs...

Our fall projects for the wee ones...

No comments: