Friday, October 14, 2011

This week in a nutshell


This Saturday is the last soccer game of the season... not to worry, we have basketball and cheerleading to take up the free time. Even with the new activities added in, we gain a night at home. That will be great. I am sad that soccer is over- I only get to go to half of the games since the afternoon games are during naps. It's a tough choice but hopefully by Spring- the younger peanuts can skip a nap here and there and recover from it ok. Then I can attend more.

This week has brought a lot of ups and a lot of downs. It has sparked a lot of in depth conservations between Dustin and I which just makes us that much stronger in our marriage, I hope that doesn't sound like total cheese whiz but it is true. We get caught up in our kids, the house, our jobs. It isn't a bad thing necessarily but there are just times when you feel such super uber closeness and it is the greatest high I have ever felt! I love that our relationship can hit these highs after 11 years of marriage.

I started my part time job at the church- it is going good. The word of the month is still "transition". It is hard to be in transition. And that is where I will be for a while. It feels uncomfortable to be in transition- I have had almost 7 years at the same job, as my own boss, and only being accountable to myself, Dustin and our family. Each day is getting better. I am trying to improve my weakness and use my strengths to do the best job that I can. God is good and He has a plan for me, this job, and our family! So, with that, I will stay in transition a little longer!

I will just say now, I am going to hell for this comment and picture. Last night was Gaby's school performance. (Her pictures below) The concert was great, the kids really worked hard. The way the seats are set up at the school- there is a middle aisle. People were coming up during the songs and totally standing up in the middle aisle- not just to take a picture but to tape total songs. Let me just say, my view was not blocked- it was people behind me I could hear talking and stating they couldn't see. It was sad that people are not more aware of their surroundings to know that it rude to block people and stand in THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE. Okay, yes it bugged me a little. Just go to the side and tape like others were doing or get their earlier so you are sitting closer. Just do something but don't be that person that blocks others from seeing their special moments too.

I am running every other day again. I have done this almost 2 weeks now. I am excited. While my runs are still slow I am starting to enjoy the process more. Now my goal is to add Jazzercise classes back in 3x a week along with the running.

This picture made me laugh- not sure why Dustin took it but I looked uber grumpy or maybe I was thinking of the DQ blizzard I was going to get after the performance... not sure.
Did you all catch "The Office" last night? I totally loved it. It made me laugh out loud several times. I like this season, I wasn't sure I would since Micheal Scot's character is gone. If you didn't catch it- it is worth watching it.

So, like I said... this week had it's highs and lows.
But in the end- nothing else really matters but family!
This is why Dustin and I do what we do...

No comments: