Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Friday!

Friday's are much more laid back then the rest of the week. We still read stories but instead of lessons we do our Weekly Reader and just enjoy free time, our friends, and relaxing!

We (meaning my awesome rock star hubby) have been working hard to get a "nature play area" going in our back yard. Well, we had a great chance to do this after the huge storm took down our huge tree in the front yard. Dustin cut down all the stumps and arranged them so the kids could climb and play on them. It is really a fun time- I might have tried it out first!

Here are the kids playing on the stumps...

My peanut gallery...

We have to enjoy this weather as we can... we don't get many long mornings outside like this!









So... I needed to make cupcakes for a stamp club tonight. I made extras so the kids could have them for snack. I asked all the kids if they wanted to come inside and bake with me and not a single one wanted to! So, I baked...they played... ! I was getting ready to make frosting, I asked the if anyone wanted to come in and help. Mot a single one wanted to. So, I made frosting... they played.
When it was time to come in for lunch, they all saw this finished product. And now they all want one. I am so reminded of the story of the "Little Red Hen".

While I went to the restroom, one of the peanuts, Mia Rose Fluke, got the stool over to the counter and stole a cupcake. Took a picture first then she got in trouble...

Total random note... My office desk is a mess... I am hoping to get this problem fixed after I am finished with this blog post. How could I let it get so bad??? Hmmm!

No comments: