Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday night madness...

at our house is now a weekly thing. Our church home, has started an awesome program Awana's. Until this year, I was in the dark as to what this program was. I thought it would be a fun time for the girls, a free night for me, and a chance to read some bible verses.
Ahem... I was wrong. This program is so much more then that and I am so excited to be a part of it! So, because of the awesomeness of the program, it makes our crazy, meltdown, past bed time, rushing around night all worth it!

Here is Gaby... she is in the Sparks program. They had to memorize a bible verse in order to earn their vest and hand book.
Remember I said I thought it would be a free night for me...??? Well, because a dear friend from our small group talked to me about the program and of course she was a group leader, I had mom guilt and signed up as well! And, even though the day makes for a long one, I LOVE doing it! It is awesome it is to see how God works through these kids even at such an early age!!!

So, here I am in my cubbie shirt and gear with my favorite Sparks girl.
And here is my cutest cubbie... Kadyn and I are in the same red cubbie group. She had to memorize an A verse and C verse to get her vest. I was able to see her tell another leader her verses tonight in order to get her vest! She was so excited!!! And, I was proud!
Another picture in the blueberry shirt! This would be my second one as the first one was too short and too tight. Wearing this shirt every Wednesday night would be the only draw back I have... they are itchy! But, I get it and I am proud to wear it even if I do look like a blueberry.

I am up for the challenge of having dinner ready at 5:00 so we can leave by 5:30, I am okay with getting kids ready for club and my mom out the door for bible study, and I am most certainly ready for the motivation, education, and family time this program will bring to our girls and family!

No comments: