Friday, September 11, 2009

Our week...

has gone by super fast. I think every week should have a holiday in there. Anyway! We continued with our all about me, friends and family theme this week.
Our letter of the week was D. I think our favorite book was about a detective dog searching for the missing donuts. Who can read a book about donuts and then NOT eat any. So, we did...

D is for donuts... I was trying to catch miss A before getting the goofy "cheese" grin I get when taking pictures! Mission not accomplished. All of our friends loved eating the snack.
This week we also had fun doing " D moves" like dancing while we played drums, waddling like a duck, and roaring like a dinosaur. We even had some cool fruit snacks in the shape of dinosaurs too!
This was what I was most proud of... these are my preschool guys! Twice a week we sit down and work on letters and writing. I know they can be a little young for this but it is good practice. This time around, we are tracing our letter of the week. Just 4 short weeks ago when we started, I was ready to throw the books away! The kids had no interest, didn't care if we wrote letters, and some didn't even know how to hold a crayon/pencil.
And, here they are today! They are working hard on their letters, asked if they could do another page, and a couple even wrote the letter "D" on their own! I was so excited to see the change in them! I am truly blessed with an awesome group of kids!
And, to work on our letter even more... we Decorated our letter D with Dots... get it??? I am sure ya did, just checking!!!
And lastly, here is our new behavior/reward charts for my preschoolers. I would LOVE to say this was my idea but it isn't. I stole it, I mean, borrowed it from the hard working staff at SHES's preschool. However they use gumballs and we use crayons...whatever, it is still an awesome idea! So, here it is.
Each day the kids have 3 crayons. Any time they are displaying inappropriate behavior, after warnings, they will have to pull a crayon. At the end of the day, the crayons left in the box will represent how many stickers they earn. By Friday, if the have 12 stickers, giving some room for error, they will pick a fun toy or trinket out of the treasure box.
This week was our run through/introducing it to the kids week. Next week will be the real deal. And, they are super cute... me, my laminater machine, and cricut machine had a fun time making these!

No comments: