Thursday, January 9, 2014

My thoughts on the week... on Thursday not Friday!

My kids are going to bed late tonight because I totally thought tonight was Friday and then at 9pm I realized it wasn't. It was kinda a bummer as I had tomorrow, what I thought was Saturday, all planned out. Now, my alarm is set, book bags are packed, and bedtime stories are read... we are all ready for tomorrow, Friday. Not Saturday.

Speaking of bedtime... I hate it. I hate the routine, the meltdowns, and well, I could go on and on. But I do the mornings, Dustin does bedtime. D was out fixing a computer issue and I was getting kids to bed. I was feeding Qman and getting him down. After I was done with him, I went downstairs and saw this happening. Kadyn Dee reading to her sisters a bedtime story. *heart melting*

Since Christmas break, we have been encouraging Kk to read more independently at home. We have been having her read one book on her own before bed, then chapter book with us. She has been doing very well. And to see her reading, out loud, with confidence, well... it's just awesome. She has come such a long way! *sigh*

I am kinda over the snow- I am ready to play outside again. I'm kinda over being cold all this time.

I am so excited that I have worked out 7 days in the row. I can't tell you the last time I have worked out 7 days in a row. I am so excited to have my workouts back on my daily routine again. The scale was even nice and moved down for me. Yay!

Guess what??!! I found out I wasn't perfect. Yep. That's right. I'm not perfect. I found this out as someone was so kind (but really not kind) to point out a mistake I made and seemed to have gotten great joy while doing so. I know vague, vague, vague. But all I can say is that I don't like mean people and spend a great amount of time surrounding myself with not mean people. I know I shouldn't let things like this get to me but is did. Oh well. Like I said, I'm not perfect. And I'm okay with that. Nuff said! Movin' On.

The kids brought home progress reports yesterday. And while I *think* everyone did well, I am still uber bummed at our grading system. I just doesn't get it. I like old fashion, "A" and "B" grades. I know the teachers are doing their best and it is a lot of hard work for them but I wish their was a happy medium on how the kids get graded.  I am just so grateful to have 3 teachers plus support staff that communicate very well about the progress of our girls.

Well... tomorrow is Friday. Then it will be the "real" Saturday. I am happy for a laid back weekend and Gaby's first indoor soccer game. Looking forward to more family time and kids reading books out loud. It's all good!!!

No comments: