Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's in your trash can...

So, Capital One credit cards ask, "what is in your wallet?", so I am posing the question... what is in your trash can! As you can tell by the pregnancy test and the unused birth control in our trash can, Dustin and I are expecting our fourth baby! I know, I know... So soon?? You just had one, I thought Mia was your last one, Maybe this will be your boy, Wow, 4 kids, Don't you know how that happens... I have heard it all in a very short time.

We are excited. As you can also see by the birth control in the trash, we were trying to prevent. But as we all know, we can not prevent God's Plan. We know this has happened for a reason and God has blessed me with another heart to love. ( and ground, and yell at, and enroll in swim lessons, and teach, and sports, and so on)

We are adjusting. If anyone has been through 9 months with me they know I do not do this well! I do not glow, I throw up every morning, I get tired bags under my eyes, and I get cranky! Dustin is excited and every time I get sick, replies with a simple, "sorry", which makes me laugh! But, I know we can do this. Gaby says, "if it isn't a boy, we'll give it away" and KK says, "now I will be da big,big sister".

I am emotional. I have just been through this 10 months ago and it is still so fresh in my mind. It doesn't help that Mia's birth was by far my hardest yet. I am selfish. I have dedicated the last 10 months to getting in shape, losing weight, and actually finding my abs to see this all change even in a matter of 3 weeks. I am loving. I love all of my children and daycare children with all of my heart. I would give anything to any of them, and I have enough love to have this little one that is growing inside of me now! I am in love. I have the best husband that anyone could ever ask for. He gets up with Mia when she wakes up at night and he jumps right in to "daddy" mode after he has worked a long day to help give me a break. I believe. I believe that God has given us this little life for a reason... unplanned or not! I believe that God will provide when I don't see how. And, I believe that our pregnancy, our future, and our young growing family is in his hands! That gives me strength to know we can do this, and we are excited to be adding to our family!




















4 comments:

Molly said...

Amazing entry! You have the right frame of mind and know God will totally provide for your family and will not fail you. Congrats again!

Amanda said...

(((((HUGS))))) I am here for you sista, with all the puking and tears, and big belly unhappy moments!

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

There is no better way to embrace it than what you've done, you are truly blessed Laura and from what I can tell an amazing mama! I'm sorry pregnancy is not easy on you but maybe now that you've lost the weight and have taken the steps to take care of YOU, this pregnancy will be easier on you!

Dawn Estes said...

You are incredible and I love your realism and your attitude and your hope and your belief. You are going to be so blessed!