Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dustin's favorite holiday....

Dustin getting his fireworks ready, sorted, and ready for his "performance" on July 3rd. Ever since I have known D, he has loved July 4th. Not because of the great and powerful meaning behind the holiday, just because he loves to blow things up. He has spent a lot of time getting his certification so he can blow up bigger things and get them at cost. Just look at how happy that boy is...

More firework prep... good thing this didn't stay in my living room long!
And now... Dustin takes great delight knowing our oldest, Gaby, is following in his foot steps and has his same LOVE for fireworks. She (know on wood) has proven to be very safe and listens to what her daddy tells her. (Because I love watching the fireworks, hate lighting them off) I love that G has such a fun thing in common with Dustin!
One evening Mia and I went to Walmart. I guess G and K blew up some things and lit off smoke balls, or "colored balls" as KK would say. I did not know they had had a mini party in the back yard until the next day. I took the daycare outside to play to have them stumble across colored balls, blown up latterns, and more. Gaby, being my child and has the need to educate, had the kids pick up the colored balls and sort them and count them... now that's my girl!

1 comment:

BethH said...

Looks like you all had a BANG UP time! Hahah!!!

Hey, check my blog...I got something there for ya! :)