Thursday, July 9, 2009

our calm day...

I am trying to incorporate new ideas from my training such as take more from the natural environment, take better cues from the children, and simplify the daily routine.
I am still working on this but today was a calm, relaxed, fun day. It wasn't as planned out as I thought it should be, but because we had different kids dropping off at different times, it made for a good time to drop the hustle and bustle of the routine and go with what the kids wanted to do!

We started our morning just coloring at our table until most of our friends were here. Then while it was still cool and shady, we went outside to play. As we were playing, I started looking at my favorite garden rocks we had painted 2 years ago. They were pretty faded. So, we ran in, got brushes and paints and made over our rocks!
I didn't pull out as many toys as I normally do... we had chalk, cars, and the swing set. The kids enjoyed their time outside and I am pretty sure we had less fights and "Ms. Laura, he isn't sharing" or "I want to play that". We drew some games on the driveway in chalk, and they had a blast! We even threw in some letter and number review...
Just having fun swinging!
My little peas in a pod! They are so cute together...

1 comment:

Molly said...

I love that my daughter looks like a little rag-a-muffin with her crazy hair. HA HA!